Benmore Botanic Garden
For true drama visit Benmore Botanic Garden, near Dunoon in Argyll, a magnificent 120-acre mountainside Garden surrounded by dramatic scenery. Benmore has a world-class collection of plants from regions ranging from the Orient and the Himalaya to North and South America. A delight for all the family, Benmore welcomes visitors through an avenue of Giant Redwood trees which are 150 years old, arguably one of the finest entrances to any botanic garden.
How to find us
Benmore Botanic Garden is on the A815, seven miles north of Dunoon on the Cowal Penninsula. Western Ferries sail regularly from Gourock. West Coast Motors offer an inclusive ticket and operate regular bus services from Dunoon (Tel 01586 559139).
Four Star accreditation by VisitScotland.
Benmore cafe is holder of Taste Our Best award from VisitScotland.
- Redwood Avenue. Planted in 1863, the Sequoiadendron giganteum are now 50m high.
- Restored Victorian Fernery with plants grown from spores collected globally.
- Exotic plantings include over 300 species of rhododendron
- Golden Gates designed for the 1878 Exposition Universelle in Paris.
- Bhutanese Pavilion overlooking the Bhutanese Glade and Chilean Viewpoint Refuge
Discounts available for groups of 11 or more, providing payment is made in a single transaction. Call 01369 706261 to pre-book.
- Tree Collection/Champion Trees
- Autumn Colour
Opening TimesMonday: 10:00 - 18:00 Tuesday: 10:00 - 18:00 Wednesday: 10:00 - 18:00 Thursday: 10:00 - 18:00 Friday: 10:00 - 18:00 Saturday: 10:00 - 18:00 Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00
Closed from 31 October to 1 March
Admission pricesAdult: £8 Child: Under 16s free Concession: £7
FacilitiesShop Car park Accessible parking Accessible toilets Wheelchair access Pushchair friendly Dog friendly Assistance Dogs Events
We’re sorry there are no scheduled events at the moment. We’re always updating our site so please continue to come back and check